iPad mini returning 1st gen mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MyAppleWorld, Nov 4, 2013.

1. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

So i bought a first gen mini (16gb non cellular) from apple store on saturday - £229 (price match)

I had an ipad a long time ago with work but had to give it back and I kinda missed it but didn't want to spend too much money on it.

since then i have been using my macbook pro for most of the things i used the ipad for - watching tv in bed, music, chatting etc.

i started to get tired of the weight of MBP (non retina) and fed up of slow boot time - sleep was not an option becase the battery would drain like 20% in 24 hours.

so i thought it was time to buy an ipad and got a bargain.

2 days later i am thinking of returning 1st gen mini

1. limited amount of ram, sick of apps 'reloading'
    2. no true multi-tasking (tired of audio cutting out when i switch apps e.g. during tv commercials)

solution?? sell MBP and get MBA as compromise

anyone with me on this?

2. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

an ipad in my eyes isn't a laptop replacement. it does things well like running one app and not things in background besides music. Its a companion to a laptop imo. So what do you expect from an iPad?

3. MyAppleWorld thread starter macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

i agree it isnt a replacement, i was going to keep the MBP anyhow

but now i realise with an ipad i just have too many devices

iphone 5, mbp, ipad mini is just too much to lug around the house!

when i sit down with the laptop and phone in my pocket, i know i can do ANY task.

With an ipad mini and iphone in my pocket, im limited!

4. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

my uses for an iPad a lot at home are streaming music or movies from my hard drive connected to my airport extreme. or when I'm streaming movies from my laptop i use the iPad to browse online with the larger screen than a phone. i tend to be doing two things at once.