Returning $60 worth of cases.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by amazingdm, Jul 10, 2010.

1. amazingdm macrumors 6502

But what's funny is they're not 'worth' $60. I have two thin pieces of well... screen protectors (invisible shield) and a rubber band with some plastic in it that scratched my iPhone.

Kinda funny when you think about it.

I've ordered $10 worth of cases on eBay.. at least one is probably going to offer better protection.

Is TPU good?

2. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

TPU or thermoplastic polyurethane is what most cheap cases are made of. its that same stuff the 10buck cases at mall kiosks are made of. Personally I think they look cheap as the price suggests they are. Like every other case they are still gonna get dirt, lint and dust trapped between the case and phone which can cause scratches etc. So, is it good? sure, it offers some protection against direct impacts and larger scratches but in the process looks generally cheap. Also, if the case isn't a sbug fit in the first place its not gonna get any better as this material is harder and doesn't really "mould" to items like others.

3. jefftroll macrumors member

TPU is better than silicon. Silicon stretches and rips a lot more than a TPU case would.

4. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver