Returning a Jailbroken 3G //Giving Up.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ocdb, Aug 30, 2008.

1. ocdb macrumors newbie

Ok gang, I try search no luck//
    I can't deal with the battery draining problem and drop calls..
    after two weeks of use I would like to say Bye Bye 3g,
    Can I undo a jailbroken 3g to RETURN IT back to AT&T or I'm stock until future updates ?

Thank you all in advanced.

2. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

Did you consider the fact you have jailbroken the iPhone might have something to do with your battery problems? And have you tried to update to 2.0.2? 2.0.2 hasn't fixed the problems for everyone but before giving up on the phone you may want to at least try to use it with the latest firmware and stock before giving up on it.

3. ocdb thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick reply..
    No honestly i didnt think of that ? jailbroken (battery draining), Yes itunes at some point during my initial set up ask me about the update and click yes, after verifying the about in general it reads 2.0.2...

Can I undo jailbroken ?

Thanks.

4. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

Battery draining can be the result of many issues. You don't give any specifics on how much usage you are getting from a charge. The number one culprit is usually leaving location services on (GPS). GPS is a huge battery drain and there is no reason to leave it on when you don't need it.

And yes, when you jailbreak you are opening up the potential for any number of problems and if you don't know what you are doing you can experience a lot of problems.

Yes you can undo a jailbreak. Go to the hacks section for specifics on how to do this as I run stock.

5. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

All you need to do to restore is allow iTunes to restore to the newest firmware. Set the phone up as new one it's done. In general turn off not in use, wifi, location services, Bluetooth, and put the screen at half brightness should get you through the day fine.

6. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Have fun trying to get out of your contract. I guarantee you'll have more headaches in the x hours it takes you to deal with your cellular provider than you've had in your entire ownership of your iPhone thus far.