Returning a macbook air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by diecast84, Aug 4, 2011.

1. diecast84 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Can I return a US bought MacBook air to Canada?

2. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

I don't think so because the sku's are different. Doesn't hurt trying though.

3. alau0115 macrumors regular

That's correct. It is interesting they use a different one though the package should be the same. I found it out when I sold my 10" MBA.

4. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

You can not return it to Canada. However, AppleCare can replace it for you if it is broken beyond repair.

5. diecast84 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys.

So to confirm, I did try to return my Air to a Canadian store. When the SKU was entered and search, they couldn't find it. That's when I said that it was bought in the US.

The person helping me ask someone at the back if the return is possible and the answer is that their system is not equipped to handle the return. Disappointing but oh well.

I don't have apple care so if the machine breaks then I have to travel across the border to have it service/replaced? Or is that a totally different scenario?

6. KPOM macrumors G5

The warranty is valid worldwide. Apple is one of the best at that.