Returning a Macbook Pro - is it a FULL refund?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jasonskills, May 17, 2014.

1. jasonskills macrumors newbie

I live in the US. I'm about to return my rMBP. Will I get a FULL refund, INCLUDING the TAX I paid? I bought it at an Apple Store and I will be returning it there too.

2. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

You should have just looked up their return policy online. It tells you everything here. Yes you get a full refund. The restocking fee went away years ago. Other retailers may vary. If you don't purchase directly through Apple, you're bound by the return policies of the retailer who sold it to you.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You'll get everything save a restocking fee, so you'll get the tax you paid as well.

4. Idarzoid macrumors 6502

Not about the US, but here in the UK there's no restocking fee (nowadays almost no one charges you for restocking fee), I returned my 13" rMBP for the full refund (delivery was also refunded, I paid for Saturday delivery)

Returned mine because of the image retention issue and I couldn't be bothered replacing it to only have another machine with the same issue, thought I'd wait a bit and maybe get something else, don't really need a laptop anyways, my iPad is enough for now.

5. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

Wrong, there's no restocking fee anymore.

6. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Restocking fee is gone and they should refund you with via the same method you paid with.

7. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

The restocking fee went away several years ago. I mentioned third party retailers as well because their return policies may differ. Most retailers can't afford to do that.

8. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

No

You get charged the recycling fee you don't get those back.

9. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

That varies by state.