returning a refurb MBP purchased online

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lgfaver, Jun 12, 2011.

1. lgfaver macrumors member

at my local apple store... is this allowed?
    i bought this refurb 15inch (april 2010 model) MBP just a few days ago, im thinking of returning it and getting a brand new 13 inch one. so i'd like to know if i can just take it to my local apple store. The thing is, i am traveling overseas on the 22nd and i would need to get this done asap.
    Could someone who has had to call customer service for a return tell me how long it took them to to get the money back? from the time they made the call to the moment the money was refunded.

2. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

First you must get a return authorization number from Apple, then ship it back. Once they receive it they will authorize the refund. Then it's up to the bank to get the refund to you. It takes about 10 to 15 days to get the refund

3. lgfaver thread starter macrumors member

aw, if that is indeed the case, there's no way i am doing that. i need to take a notebook computer on my trip. apparently this thing(temperatures) isn't anything out of the ordinary but it is very annoying when you consider i bought a MBP thinking these babies were super quiet AND ran cool.
    i have been adviced to download an app called fanControl but i don't know...
    i love the size of the 15inch screen but i feel maybe things would be better with a brand new 13inch MBP.
    not sure what to do now... :confused:

4. jenzjen macrumors 68000

If the 13" is really what you want, I wouldn't keep a 15" just because of the time involved for Apple to process your return unless the issue is your credit card cannot stomach 2 charges temporarily.

5. lgfaver thread starter macrumors member

yup, exactly. that would be the problem.

6. ShootingStars macrumors member

is the 15 high resolution? of you're moving to the 13 things will be VERY different and annoying since the resolution is worse than even normal laptops (13")

the 13" MBP is just as hot at load as the MBP 15, MBP ARE HOT machines, if you want cool PC buy a lenovo thinkpad

the reason why macbooks are hot is because they are made out of aluminum and alum. absorbs the heat

7. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Call your cc and "refuse" the first charge by letting them know that this is a pending return. Then, that amount will not go against your credit limit. Problem solved.