Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freshe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Hi,

I just got my refurbished iMac few days ago and I would like to return it under the 14 days cool off period.

So I log onto my account and go to Return Items and it says my item is ineligible for the return and refers me to the t&c's. I am a bit concerned here as I have read them before purchase and they don't mention that refurbished items cannot be returned and refunded.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Hi,

I just got my refurbished iMac few days ago and I would like to return it under the 14 days cool off period.

So I log onto my account and go to Return Items and it says my item is ineligible for the return and refers me to the t&c's. I am a bit concerned here as I have read them before purchase and they don't mention that refurbished items cannot be returned and refunded.

I have never heard this before. Perhaps give Apple a call direct? I can't imagine this would be the case though.

Puevlo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2011
Apple's returns policy do not mention refurbished as being unable to be returned thus you should be able to return it.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Of course you can return refurbished Macs. Call Apple.

Returns & Refunds - Apple Store (U.S.)
If you want to return an item, you can ship the item back to Apple, or bring it to any U.S. Apple Store for a full refund. For eligible Mac, iPad, iPod, and third-party products, you have up to 14 calendar days from the time you receive your item(s) to initiate a return.

Items ineligible for a return include:
  • Opened memory
  • Opened software*
  • Electronic Software Downloads
  • Print Products
  • Software Up-to-Date Program Products (software upgrades)
  • Apple Gift Cards
  • Apple Gift Packaging (origami style gift box with ribbon and greeting card)
  • Apple Developer Connection Products (Membership and Technical Support)

joewillmott

macrumors regular
May 22, 2012
England
You can return it. It's the same as buying with student discount; it shows as you cannot return it on the website but if you ring or e-mail them, they sort it out for you. I went through the same thing last week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.