Returning an iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dannster, Aug 4, 2010.

1. dannster macrumors regular

dannster

Hi guys,

I bought a 32GB iPhone 4 on launch day in the UK and I'd like to return it to the Apple store (where i originally bought it). Due to the signal issues, have they extended the time you can return the phone? And are there any conditions attached?

Cheers :)

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

the return period is based on your carrier. Here in the US, AT&T gives you 30 days to return any phone without penalty of a ETF, so Apple Allows you 30 days to return the phone. Also, Apple has no control in extending the return period.

and what conditions are you wondering about?

3. HardDemon macrumors newbie

I don't know if they extended them, but if i know what you mean by conditions..
    Obviously the phone can't be scratched broken.. It depends on the problem with the iP4 that makes you want to send it back.

4. dannster thread starter macrumors regular

dannster

I bought it SIM free, so no network issues. Just solely what Apple's return policy is.

There's a couple of very slight scratches to the screen...

5. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

Wasn't the iPhone 4 launch day at the end of June?
    That's more than 30 days ago now.

Apple's policy is 30 days from purchase (extended from the standard 14 days for all other Apple products) as long as the phone is in as-new condition.

6. Oversoul macrumors member

I have to ask, are you returning the phone solely because of the signal issues, or are you just using this as a pretext for the scratches?

I ask because there have been several threads from the obsessive using reception issues as an excuse to return a damaged phone. The UK had their launch in late June so you have had over a month to discover any signal issue and decide whether you were willing to put up with it, and Apple has already offered a free case to address your signal issues going forward. Scratches -- well, there's no covering those up.

Like the previous poster said, you're likely out of luck as the return period is 30 days from purchase.