Returning an iPhone that won't turn on...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phanizzle, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Phanizzle macrumors newbie

Hi, I am new to the forum and I need some major help!
    I have an unlocked iPhone and it has been working great for 2 months.
    Suddenly last night when my batteries were low i decided to charge it into my wall charger and the screen was changing colors and had lines going across the screen. I unplugged it and the iPhone died. It turned back on and I tried to restore it and it just kept turning on and off.
    I called an apple rep today and she scheduled an appointment for me, Will it be possible that they replace my phone?
    The phone wont turn on at all now, after charging it overnight etc.
    Any tips?
    I tried holding the top button and the home button and nothing works.
    please help me out, thank you.

2. Phanizzle thread starter macrumors newbie

3. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

4. Amt macrumors regular

Unlocking/Jailbreaking an iPhone voids the warranty.

5. Phanizzle thread starter macrumors newbie

I called apple and they said my warranty expired 2 days ago, :mad::(
    They said to bring it to the store and if they are not able to fix it i might have to pay 199$ for another iphone or get a 3g. I dont know want a 3g for the fact i wont be able to use it, but i will be able to resell. Any suggestions? I still want an iPhone but not if i have to pay 200$
    Sucks that my phone had to break on me after my warranty ends.

6. Phanizzle thread starter macrumors newbie

I believe my iPhone has been restored because yesterday when I plugged in my iPhone, I restored it and it had an error and it died. When I plugged in the iPhone again it synced with my itunes but my phone did not turn on..(I thought it was odd). And all my info was deleted and it had nothing under summary etc.

7. David-fr macrumors 6502

No!!!!!

I HAD AN UNLOCK-JAILBRAKE iPHONE THAT FROM ONE MOMENT TO OTHER IT DIDN'T HOLD A CHARGE, THE APPLE GENIUS SWAP A NEW ONE FOR ME. SHE NOTICE THE PHONE WAS JAILBROKEN AND UNLOCK CUZ I HAD T-MOBILE SIM IN IT. THAT WAS W/1.1.4 3 MONTHS AGO

8. philgilder macrumors 68000

THERE IS NO NEED TO SHOUT. it makes it very hard to read the text

and yes, it does void the warranty, but some genius' will ignore it

9. Future2001 macrumors member

did you try putting the phone in dfu mode?

Plus if your phone is out of warranty what do you want us to tell you? Maybe you can go into the apple store with a gun and just take all the first gens they have....:rolleyes:

10. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

Why won't you be able to use it?

11. Phanizzle thread starter macrumors newbie

well I cant use the iPhone 3g because I have T-Mobile. I'm not sure how they will be able to fix my iPhone, and I didn't know I had a warranty on the phone since I purchased it off someone. My iPhone can't even turn on and I tried it all. Would they be able to do an exchange for the older iPhone or will I have to get the 3g? (an apple rep said I might have to pay 199$ for a replacement iPhone or 199$ for a 3G)

-what is dfu mode? If I need to turn on my phone then no I dont think I will be able to set it to that mode. I tried plugging it into the wall charger and usb through my computer to see any reaction but nothing happens. My phone just seems to be dead.