Returning an iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lilsuprano, Mar 11, 2008.

1. lilsuprano macrumors member

If I were to buy an iPhone in while on vacation in Florida, and anything goes wrong with it, could I just return to any Apple Store in the US and get it looked at by a Genius/replaced?

Or does it have to be the same Apple Store from which I bought it?

What I'm asking is whether or not any other Apple Stores in another state will be able to help me with my iPhone bought in a different state.

Thanks

2. aristobrat macrumors G5

Any Apple store will diagnose and repair any Apple product, regardless of where it was purchased. The only time I think that they won't service your iPhone is if it's been unlocked or isn't on an active AT&T account.

Just remember to schedule a Genius Bar appt. *before* you trot into the store. :)

3. lilsuprano thread starter macrumors member

hah reminds me of my problems with my MacBooks HDD... so much easier to book in advance!

So as long as I have my original bill they'll take a look at it and do their stuff? Or I don't even need that?

thanks for your help!

4. aristobrat macrumors G5

It never hurts to have your original receipt, but even without it, they should be able to find your purchase date via the date that your registered your iPhone online (which iTunes makes you do when you go thru the setup process).