Returning an iPod touch 4

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iPaddentist, Sep 17, 2010.

1. iPaddentist macrumors newbie

I wasn't sure about apples return policy and was hoping someone had some insight. i bought a new ipod touch sept 8 and opened it and used it. i've changed my mind however and was wondering if i can still return a used one since its within 14 days. does it need to be in perfect shape? will i get a refund or credit?

thanks.

(i've read through some of apples return policies and couldnt clearly understand so sorry if its an easy answer)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You'll be charged a 10% restocking fee if it's opened.

3. I8P'CS macrumors 6502

If in uk full refund, if within 14 days and you said you was, outside of uk i I dont know. Why don't you like it if you don't mind me asking?

4. iPaddentist thread starter macrumors newbie

it was an impulse buy...i have a recently purchased ipad and when i heard the ipod had an a4 chip in it i couldnt resist. the wifi is great (better than ipad) and its very nice but its kinda redundant having both...

5. I8P'CS macrumors 6502

Have to agree with you on that, yes we like apple but no point in giving them unnecessary money. Good choice.

6. tubemonkey macrumors 6502

tubemonkey

Impulse buy at Costco next time. 90-day return policy and no restocking fee. I believe Walmart is the same for MP3 players.

7. Eolian macrumors regular

Pretty sure Walmart is 15 days, that's what I was told when purchasing today.

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Returns-Policy/

8. tubemonkey macrumors 6502

tubemonkey

No mention of MP3 players in the exceptions rule.

9. Eolian macrumors regular

I believe it's in Return Guidelines by Department, under Electronics, in the Walmart Returns Policy I posted above:

:confused:

10. tubemonkey macrumors 6502

tubemonkey

So it is; thanks. You'd think they would've posted that one additional line in the exceptions list from their other page.

With only a 15-day return window, that definitely places Walmart near the bottom for iPod purchases.

Costco definitely has the best return policy with a 90-day return window and no restocking fees.