Returning an MBP for a newer model?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Silverguy, Jul 10, 2014.

  1. Silverguy macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2014
    #1
    Hi,

    Following the rumors of a refresh coming in October, which simply would be too long for me to wait to purchase a new computer, I pulled the trigger on a Retina Macbook Pro. Just today, the device shipped, via the standard shipping option. However, now I'm seeing rumors of there being a spec bump on July 13. If those rumors materialize, I assume I would be able to contact Apple and exchange the MacBook for the newer model? (As I would not have even received it and it would be outdated!) Does anyone have any experience with this rather awkward situation?

    Thanks in advance!
     
  2. CASLondon macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2011
    #2
    No, they don't have to send you an updated model, but you have a 14 days no-questions asked return window.

    Just don't open the packaging and return the computer, and re-order later
     
  3. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #3
    If there is a spec bump it will be so minor that I'd not worry about it.

    I'd not expect any new Macs in October either, Broadwell is delayed and so apple is on the hook in terms of waiting for Intel to get their act together.

    I'd keep the rMBP and enjoy it, any possible spec bump will only improve performance maybe one or two percent.
     
  4. Silverguy thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2014
    #4
    Yeah, the only big driver for me to return it would be if they did a price cut ala the MacBook Air.
     
  5. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2009
    #5
    The July 13th thing was based entirely on the fact that that's when Best Buy's back to school sale ends. Best Buy doesn't know when Apple is going to release new hardware. It's also on a Sunday, and I don't know of when Apple has done updates on the weekend, so I don't see that happening.

    But I just ordered one as well, and I'll return and rebuy if it somehow happens. No sense in settling for the older model if I can get something new/better/cheaper instead.
     

Share This Page