Returning an online order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ACint24, Oct 14, 2011.

1. ACint24 macrumors member

Hey guys,

What is the best way for me to exchange a 4S I ordered online? I got a 16gb but now have decided I want a 32gb. I do not want to send the phone back and be without it for a week while I wait for a new one because I already sold my old phone.

Any ideas? The apple store I went to today said they could not do this.

2. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

Why couldn't they do it at the Apple store? Is it because you bought it online, or because they didn't have the available stock?

3. ACint24 thread starter macrumors member

They said because I got it online which I think is BS.

4. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

If I were you I would order a 32gb online, use the 16gb for a couple weeks while you are waiting, then sell the 16gb on ebay when the 32gb finally arrives.

Will you lose a little money? Maybe. But, just think of it as a tax for changing your mind.

5. hushmartin macrumors 6502

Sorry, no, that is total BS. I'm taking my preorder back to a store tomorrow right after it arrives. I ordered online. They pulled some magical stuff so I could walk out with my phone today, rather than potentially next month. This was all done with the understanding that I return the preorder TO THE STORE. So I know they can do it.

I had NO idea it would get here tomorrow. Anyway, as long as it's a *corporate* store, you should have no problem.

6. alucinari macrumors newbie

Could you share the name of the store and the employee there that helped you out? I tried to do the same tonight and spent an hour at the store only for them to say they couldn't do it.

If it worked for you I'd love to give the store the phone number of another Apple store they can call that can walk them through it.

7. ACint24 thread starter macrumors member

8. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

You cannot return an online order to a store. While they are both from Apple, they operate as two separate divisions for some odd reason. I tried returning it and they will not take it, they wouldn't even allow me to purchase AC+ there too.

The only way to do it is to return it via online, wait a few days for it to arrive there, wait a bit longer for the return to process, wait a few days for your upgrade date to be reset, then order it again and wait the current shipping estimate times.