Returning Aperture Hassle

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by marlon bishop, Jan 12, 2015.

1. marlon bishop macrumors member

Upon buying Aperture for my Macbook pro and installing i quickly notice it it was not meant for me, im more inclined towards light room and Photoshop. So i went ahead and called apple and told them i didn't like the app at all and it was too confusing for me. Rep told me she had to transfer me to the right department and after 15 mins told the new re the same thing. and told me that they dont usually do this type of returns but since its the first time he will do an exception and return it.

Don't know if this is true but just putting it out there for some knowledge!

2. Hrhnick macrumors member

Be careful. Always read the reviews and check out youtube reviews of an app before buying, especially higher priced apps like Aperture/Photoshop.

"All sales and rentals of products are final."
    From the very first section of the iTunes/App Store Terms and Conditions.

Also, Aperture will be phased out sooner rather than later along with iPhoto.

3. marlon bishop thread starter macrumors member

i thought it was like the app store on iPhone that it apps can be returned.. but just checked my credit card statement and they returned the money!

4. apphotography macrumors regular

Go for Lightroom. Aperture is dead and so slow in comparison.

5. illusionx macrumors 6502

Aperture will be discontinued once Apple photo app comes out.

6. marlon bishop thread starter macrumors member

Aperture is my way to go now.. i have it in my parallels 10 windows 8.1

7. robgendreau macrumors 68030

This is why the Mac App Store stinks.

I'm amazed they are even charging for Aperture. And no demo? EVERY competitor offers a demo, even on uber expensive Photoshop. Why doesn't Apple? they used to. Totally lame.

I'm glad you got your money back. But the lesson is to avoid that place if you can.

8. illusionx macrumors 6502

What are you talking about? We are taking about the aperture software for Mac here.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yes its true, and for the most part, software itself has historically been unreturnable. Back when computer stores roamed the earth, and you bought software in boxes, once you broke the seal the software was yours you could not return it.

Seems like Apple in the name of customer support, returned it, so that's a good move for you.

As others posted, Aperture is dead, either wait for its replacement or go for Lightroom which is what I did.