Returning device with iOS 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Yumunum, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

I am not a developer, but I have my UDID registered on a very nice dev's account (if you're reading this, thank you!) I want to install iOS 5 today, both on my iPad 2 and iPhone 4. But sadly I might have to get a replacement soon (for both. I know right?), because I'm having a few hardware problems. But, I may not get to make that long drive to the Apple store & Best Buy for a few weeks, and I'm an impatient person, so I want to try iOS 5 now.

Question is, if I go to replace them (iPad 2 @ Best Buy & iPhone 4 @ Apple Store) will I run into any problems? Anyone else done something like that? What was your experience?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I don't know how Best Buy will handle this, but Apple won't exchange your iPhone for any reason if you are using Beta software. Whatever reason you give them for something not working right, their going to blame it on the Beta OS and either have you downgrade or return once iOS 5 has gone Gold Master.

Thats my understanding of the situation.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Agreed, this is why devs use a testing device and don't install on their primary one. Impatient people run by a different set of rules and often regret it.

4. cdylanmr macrumors newbie

cdylanmr

+1

5. adztaylor macrumors 68000

This, as eager as I am to get my hands on iOS 5 I'm not going to rush to get it and ruin my main phone.