jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
I have an iPhone X 64 gb T-mobile. It's still sealed coz I was hoping to resell it, but looks like it's not happening. Today marks the 14th day, and is the last day to return for full refund or exchange it.

Let's say I do exchange today for a Verizon 64 gb version iPhone X (i just want a global phone with more bands) and when I open it, it's defective, will I be able to return it or exchange it, or have I already used up the 14 day return exchange limit for it?

My other option is to just return it for a full refund and purchase another iPhone x later to take advantage of the renewed 14 days

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I have an iPhone X 64 gb T-mobile. It's still sealed coz I was hoping to resell it, but looks like it's not happening. Today marks the 14th day, and is the last day to return for full refund or exchange it.

Let's say I do exchange today for a Verizon 64 gb version iPhone X (i just want a global phone with more bands) and when I open it, it's defective, will I be able to return it or exchange it, or have I already used up the 14 day return exchange limit for it?

My other option is to just return it for a full refund and purchase another iPhone x later to take advantage of the renewed 14 days

If you exchange it for a different model, you have a new 14 days, because it's an entirely different/new device.

Shadowbech

macrumors 604
Oct 18, 2011

When you return one and rebuy one, the return period resets and you have new 14 day return period. Do note that any product purchased at apple store full price have the extended Holiday return policy so you have till 1/8/18 to return it. Only exception to this is if you carrier financed a device, then those don't qualify and you have 13/14 days to return it. I say 13 because I've read that some carriers counts the day you got it as day 1 and not Day 0. Just to be safe, if I ever need to return anything I always return it Day 13 or earlier.

Reactions: GeeMillz22

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Oh thanks I didn’t know that. I was just checking my Apple account and it shows it can be returned Jan 8.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Oh thanks I didn’t know that. I was just checking my Apple account and it shows it can be returned Jan 8.
Where did you see this on the Apple account? I have the X, STILL...still debating if I should keep it. I have a love, slight dislike relationship with it.

Bought it Nov. 19, 14 days are up tomorrow....just want to make 100% sure I have until Jan 8 also.
Silly I know, if I don't love it by now, I should just return it.

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Where did you see this on the Apple account? I have the X, STILL...still debating if I should keep it. I have a love, slight dislike relationship with it.

Bought it Nov. 19, 14 days are up tomorrow....just want to make 100% sure I have until Jan 8 also.

I logged in to Apple.com and clicked on my order. There should be a link that says return item. Click on that and it will show when you can return it. I think it’s only if you buy from apple online or the Apple store

https://www.apple.com/shop/help/returns_refund

Reactions: PhillyGuy72

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Re: 14 day return policy: Holiday season return policy has kicked in.

https://www.macrumors.com/2015/11/24/apple-holiday-return-policy-dec-25/

Updated 2017 Link. https://www.macrumors.com/2017/11/10/apple-2017-holiday-return-policy/

Very cool, I just had to recheck. I thought for some reason it was "Apple purchases bought between Nov 20 - Dec 25, it's Nov 15-Dec 25. - Returns by Jan 8.

That's not bad at all, plus I really dread going to the mall this weekend. :confused:

Reactions: NoBoMac

patricem

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2005
I bought mine at launch, replaced it with another one, they told me i only had the original 14 days period to return for refund.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.