Returning for backlight bleeding

Discussion in 'iPad' started by robbyneal, Mar 27, 2011.

1. robbyneal macrumors member

My black 32 gb iPad 2 has backlight bleeding. It gives me the urge to return it to the apple store where I bought it. I also wanted a white one instead, but I settled for black because that was all my store had. My question is, would I be able to return it for a new one because of the backlight bleeding? And if so, would I also be able to get a white one instead? Thank you :)

2. vladtheimpaler macrumors regular

vladtheimpaler

Ask Apple Care.

3. JD92, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  4. hoofbite macrumors member

I read that most people who did swap colors, it was because Apple only had their model in stock in the other color that the person originally had. Not sure if anyone has actually been able to ask for the other color as part of the replacement.

5. chrisfromalbany macrumors 6502

is anyone have an iPad 2 now but waiting to return it until after the iPad 2 rush is over and more likely they have better QC on the screens. I have the problem but isn't too bad but figure I will use it get a new model later on.

6. robbyneal thread starter macrumors member

I agree with Chris on the point of waiting until the iPad 2 is over and apple fixes the issues that we are having, even if they are minor. I'm just debating when I should bring mine in, all I really want is the white iPad hahaha. Even if I get backlight bleeding on my 2nd iPad, I can always just bring it back. If I get a white with no bleeding I'll be happy

7. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

You should return it before the 14-day and purchase a white one.

Just incase they dont let you exchange it for a white one after the days are over.