Returning IP4 for new IP4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rleepremier, Sep 28, 2010.

1. rleepremier macrumors member

hey guys so i wanted to return my iphone 4 so that i could get a new iphone 4, not a refurbished. is there a way to keep the same number?

2. Charadis macrumors 6502a

That shouldn't be a problem if you're within the 30 days buyer's remorse time frame. Just take it back and tell them you were not satisfied. Your contract should reset for upgrade eligibility, then go back and purchase a new iPhone.

-C

3. scarboni21 macrumors regular

why would it make a difference if it was new or refurbished? Your number is not tied to the device

4. Charadis macrumors 6502a

You could purchase a refurbed iPhone 4 for discounted cost over a new one (I believe $150 for new contract or upgrade). If you paid the full price for brand new, you should expect a brand new product.

-C

5. Roo Zilla macrumors regular

Keep the SIM and you'll keep the same number.

6. rleepremier thread starter macrumors member

the phone was purchased as a new add a line. do i have to purchase the new iphone 4 first before returning the old iphone 4?

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

wherever you bought it, if your within your 30 days then all you say is you want an exchange. You return your current phone, and then you re-buy a new phone all at the same time (it might take just a few minutes for your account to re-set with AT&T), I did this 2 weeks and I was in and out in 20 minutes (The Apple Store was really busy)