Returning iPad 2 - Restocking Fee ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BryanLyle, Mar 21, 2011.

1. BryanLyle macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

I ordered an iPad 2 on launch day and have been playing w/ it for several days now. However, it's not as great (for me) as I had hoped. I went online and submitted a request for an RMA and it showed a 10% restocking fee.

I thought Apple had gotten rid of that. Any thoughts?

If anyone is interested, it's a black 32gb Verizon iPad.

2. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

You could probably sell it for profit, considering the current state of availability.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

I know Apple retail had removed the restocking fee. Thought the online store had also, but perhaps not.

I bet you can easily get your money back putting it up on Craigslist or even just visiting an Apple store around 8am and offering it for your cost (including any tax you paid).

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

You obviously haven't tried good magazine apps and games on it.

There shouldn't be restocking fee. You can definitely get your money back by selling it though.

5. Winni macrumors 68030

Winni

The only two things that the iPad is actually any good for, but not everybody wants to buy an expensive gadget just to read comics or magazines or to play casual games on it. Some people actually were led to believe by all the hype that this "magical" device could be used for something like work or to even replace a (sub)notebook. After all, the iPad now officially is a "post-PC" device in Apple speak...

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

Wonder if that's something they didn't update on the return form. If you read the Terms of Service for apple.com, they have removed the mention of restock fees.

Since you have an actual order number, maybe use the Chat option on the Apple Store web page and see what a customer service employee says.