returning ipad 2 to apple store

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Cmegamighty, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Cmegamighty macrumors member

My mom bought verizon ipad 2 yesterday... and we aren't even going to buy any of the 3g plans (just got it because it's the only one that was left and been waiting every day lol). And now we get a call from our best buy that said they wouldnt have any shipment for another month saying our iPad 32GB wifi is on hold. (no, we don't want to take advantage of people by selling it over priced..)

Is it possible to return this verizon ipad 2 to apple store even though it's open boxed? Is there a restocking fee? Do I need to schedule a genius bar appointment or just walk in? :p

2. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

nope, no restocking fee. even if its open box, they'll take it as long as its not damaged. no appointment, just walk in. dont forget your receipt!

3. rtztgue macrumors regular

I am curious as to how best buy knows they will not receive any shipments for the next month. Every person at BB that I have talked to as well as heard about on this forum has no clue what the shipments will be. Just that apple ships them to the stores and they arrive when they arrive. Since apple does not inform BB of the shipments BB cant track anything therefore can never give us an ETA

Did they give you any specific info?

4. Cmegamighty thread starter macrumors member

Not really they just guessed... At least they have my model in stock today. :) Just restoring this one to factory settings >_> Still getting error message 1013. Probably because it's on 10% battery or usb port...

5. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

What if purchased online?

Can you still return in a store?

6. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Just wanted to answer my own question:

So if purchased online cannot do a return in a retail store.

I spoke with customer service and they sent me a pre-paid shipping label and there is no restocking fee even if box is open. Shipping is 2-day and full refund gets processed 3 days after warehouse receipt.

Pretty seamless.