Returning iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by firehead428, Mar 27, 2011.

1. firehead428 macrumors member

I bought a iPad 2 two weeks ago from my local best buy and I found no real use for it, so I want to return it. I've been busy all week and my 14 days were up yesterday. If i go in-store tomorrow, what're the odds of them letting me return? And also I used the reservation gift card to pay for 100$ of the amount. Will they refund me that in cash too?, as the reservation gift card is supposed to be fully refundable. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

After 14 days you are at the mercy of the manager. If you get shot down by the clerk at the return desk, just escalate it up the chain, and always remember, you get more bees with nectar.

3. firehead428 thread starter macrumors member

yeah i hope they let me if i speak to a manager, since it's sucha wanted product, and it'd prob be sold right after i return it. but then i hope ill get my 100 deposit that i used back into my debit card too.

4. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

nah, i don't think they will let you return it because they'd have to sell it as an open box.

doesn't hurt to try though!

just tell them you were busy/out of town, he may give you mercy or be honest.

honesty always works.

5. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

Seems somewhat unlikely considering what the margins on iPads are supposed to be for third party vendors. Supposedly they buy then for something like 3% less than they sell them for, so to sell it as an open box would be to sell it at a loss.

You should be able to sell it on craigslist/ebay quite easily though.

6. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I have rewards silver so I get 45 days to return anything to Best Buy. Mail me your iPad and I'll return it. I promise to send you the money. You can trust me.

7. firehead428 thread starter macrumors member

thats what i thought too, but i hate ebay, and craigslist is full of scammers and buyers who aren't even serious, especially since now craigslist is full of resellers. i even posted it at the lowest price out of all the ones i saw and people trying to lowball for 600. when i paid 653 with tax. (32gb wifi)

8. vistadude macrumors 65816

They'll probably let you do it as most people don't care about an extra day or two.

If you had bought it on a credit card, you can get your credit card company involved if you're not "fully satisfied."

9. firehead428 thread starter macrumors member

haha good idea on the credit card company thing. i used my debit card though. and i just hope ill also get the $100 reservation gift card i used back as cash or in my debit too.

10. bossxii macrumors 68000

If nothing else, sell it on Craigslist. I sold mine in about 3 hours of listing it. Didnt mark it up, just wanted the total w/tax i had in it. These things are still in high demand shoulndt be an issue selling if BB doesnt want to work with you.

11. Cheetablaze macrumors member

I second on craigslist, just make the transaction in a public place, good luck!

12. firehead428 thread starter macrumors member

yeah ive been trying craigslist (NYC). everyones either a scammer or lowballs for 600. no one is ever serious. its hard. hopefully ill get someone tomorrow or something willing to buy, or be able to return at bby.

13. princealyy macrumors regular

14. firehead428 thread starter macrumors member

32gb wifi black. are you interested?

15. MasonH macrumors member

BB can be a bitch about returns past the allotted time frame. My wife tried to return an unopened DVD set one day after the return window and they would have nothing to do with it. Not even for a gift card which would mean they were guaranteed the money would be spent there anyways.

She proclaimed she would never buy anything from them again - and has been true to her word. I told her I would follow her lead which was no biggie as I always hated the place anyways :D

16. firehead428 thread starter macrumors member

i hate best buy too. i know more about what i'm buying then what theyre tryna sell me. but i bought the ipad there since it was closer and easier to get a hold of one, rather than the apple store. other wise, i always go the apple store for any mac related needs. wish me luck tomorrow.

17. strodda macrumors regular

FYI and OT... It's more bees with honey. And what does that have to do with returning an iPad?

18. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

He's referring to customer service. You are more likely to get friendly and good service if you're polite, understanding, and patient than if you are demanding and hostile. Ergo, "more bees with honey (than with ... vinegar?)"

19. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If it's open fuggetaboutit. No BB manager is going to take a loss (they typically mark down open box items b/c no one wants to pay full boat for essentially used product).

Best bet would be to sell it on Craigslist or something. Offer it up at cost. You'll get tons of offers for less. Take the best price you get. It won't be too much less than what you paid.