Returning iPad purchased from Apple online store?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Goldinboy17, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Do you know if it's possible to return an iPad purchased from the online store to my local store, eve if I were to just receive store credit? I think maybe I should have just opted for the MBA.

2. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

I'd think you should be able to, but I'm just going by common sense, no personal experience.

3. saberahul macrumors 68040

If you bought it from the Apple website they may accept it. I remember someone long back on the forums (there are numerous threads on this) mentioned that they were told to ship it back... others mentioned that they accepted it in store only if purchased from the Apple site and not from, say, BB or something.
    I haven't been through it so I cannot back up my response with personal experience.

4. Goldinboy17 thread starter macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Thanks. It'd be so much easier if I could just return it to the Apple store.

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Why don't you call the Apple Store and ask?:eek:

6. dilgreene macrumors newbie

I had the same question a few months ago, and Apple said it was up to the individual store, so your best bet is indeed to call the store.

7. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I'm sure you can. When my mom had to return her iMac, (dead pixel) I called apple support and they went on and on about how I had to ship it back and they would send a box bla bla bla. Then I called my local Apple store and they said just bring it in.