Returning iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kyliec89, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Kyliec89 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

So I bought my girlfriend an iPad for her birthday. I haven't given it to her yet because her birthday isnt till the 6th. I bought it on the 18th. What is the deal on returns? I bought in an apple store. I think it's stupid not to return for a iPad 2 or at least for the 100$ off. Can someone advise on the policy and what the best move would be?

2. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

I advise being more clued in on when things are released, iPad 2 rumors have been knocking about for months, cannot see why anyone bought one over the last two to three months to be utterly honest

3. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

plus, I am sure you could get a full refund if it is unused and you have receipt.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

Does your receipt not say the return terms? I haven't bought anything in an Apple store in a while so i don't remember.

I think it's 14 days no restock fee for retail, but to be honest the only answer that counts is the one from the Apple store or from your receipt.

5. PurdueGuy macrumors regular

You have 14 days, so you have until the 4th. I'd say take it back, and wait to get the new one. I'd much rather have the newer one that $100 off!

I'd say calm down, many people wouldn't know a new iPad is coming. What people know on the forums are the exception, not the rule.

Can't we all be a little more amicable around here?

6. Kyliec89 thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thank you. To be honest I thought iPad 2 may be coming soon but didn't know how soon and was being induced go give birth to my baby on the 18fh and didnt know what time I would have after that to get to show for her. My mom actually is doing the return for me since I have a 11 day old baby and I left it and the receipt with her so it wouldn't get found in the house before her bday. I'm going to have my mom return it for a gift card for me so she can get the 2. Thanks for the replies.