Returning iPhone 3G... subsidized replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phantomsd, Sep 16, 2008.

1. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

Hey guys... I mentioned this in the AT&T forums but I think I'll get a quicker response here :)

So I heard, if the rumors are correct, that AT&T will have the Blackberry Bold sometime next month. I'm still on the fence with this iPhone... only had it since Wednesday... so 50/50 with it.

If I return my iPhone 3G (before the 30-day period of course) to the Apple Store, get my refund with service line still active... can I go to AT&T with proof of return and pick up a Blackberry Bold for $299 subsidized (or any phone for that matter)?

Or...

Would I need to return my iPhone to the Apple Store, get a refund, cancel my line (no ETF within 30 days)... then sign-up brand new with AT&T for the for subsidized pricing.

Thanks in advance!

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yup, good luck on that one! Wasn't that the same phone that was suppose to be out in JULY with the 3G iPhone as the next iPhone killer??? YAAaaawwwnnnn:eek:

3. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

4. phantomsd thread starter macrumors 6502

phantomsd

YEP. A lot of people have lost interest due to all the delays.

Not really an iPhone killer (there is no such thing :rolleyes:)... IMO, Blackberry and iPhone are in two different leagues.

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Ironically, that phone was delayed for many reasons. The one I find most amusing are the problems they were having getting 3G (EVDO) and the software.