Returning iPhone 4 purchased online

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hlysmksbtmn, Jul 2, 2010.

1. hlysmksbtmn macrumors member

Has anyone been able to return an iPhone 4 to an Apple store even though they purchased it online? I know last year they didn't allow you to return stuff purchased online directly to the store, but has the policy changed? This is such a simple question, but I haven't been able to get a consistent answer over the phone and the nearest store is about 1 hour away.

2. wr1020 macrumors regular

I'm curious about this as well, i'm thinking of exchanging mine. I pre ordered with AT&T and had it delivered to me the day of release. I have a feeling i take it to Apple to be swapped but i'm not positive.

3. nippyjun macrumors 65816

You can swap it at the apple store. It doesn't matter where you got it. You have a 1 year apple warranty.

4. hlysmksbtmn thread starter macrumors member

Yes it can be swapped at the apple store regardless where purchased.

I'd like to know though if I can return it for a full refund though.

5. CoryBoyUSA macrumors member

Did you change your original post? I could have sworn it said you bought it online through AT&T Premier. If that's the case, then I'd say I seriously doubt it.

6. UofM Canes! macrumors newbie

Not really a fair comparison...i have bought from American eagle online and returned in store. I don't think apple allows this but I don't see why not. Other than making it more difficult for some I guess.

Edit...I could see where you would make that comparison now.

7. hlysmksbtmn thread starter macrumors member

No that was someone else. I purchased mine from the online apple store.

8. poetrydaze macrumors newbie

Keep us posted. It's time for me to return for FULL REFUND. This phone's a turkey.

I also bought AT&T online. I'm calling them tomorrow.

9. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

10. hlysmksbtmn thread starter macrumors member

Don't get me wrong. The phone looks amazing. Reminds me of when the nokia 8890 came out. But functionally it's just okay.

11. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

I dunno, my previous phone was an LG chocolate, so I suppose any current smart phone would be amazing imo.

But I don't talk on the phone much, and I have no intention of ever carrying my phone without a case anyways, it's far to precious to me lol.