Returning iPhone 4....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jrick, Aug 31, 2010.

1. jrick macrumors newbie

I ordered my iPhone 4 at the end of July from AT&T Premier. The phone arrived in early August. Since Day 1 there were major proximity sensor issues, reception problems and general malcontent on my behalf. My husband who also has an iPhone 4 was not having any of these problems with his phone. I would rather have a 3g with a cracked screen & terrible battery life than one more day with the iPhone 4.

Within the 30 day return window I took the phone back to my local AT&T store (we don't live near an apple store). The store said they would mail the phone back, this was on August 20. As of August 28 I had not heard anything about the status of my return so I called AT&T. The AT&T rep said that it can take up to 10 business days to process a return...I am thinking ok, I can wait 10 days for my refund.

THEN she said that it could take 1-2 billing cycles for the refund the be applied to my credit card...does this sound right? AT&T is holding $300+ hostage for 30-60 days. This is hell of a cash flow strategy for AT&T...but not so good for the consumer. Has this happened to anyone else? Any recourse to suggest?

2. chdwil macrumors regular

Call your credit card company and dispute it. they are on your side.

3. 184550 Guest

This recourse is typically used the company in question isn't being cooperative with the return of merchandise.

Reading what the OP has written, this is not the case. S/he is simply complaining about the length of time it will take ATT to process the return and return the funds.

Disputing the charge will cause more problem than it will solve. I doubt the OPs credit card company can/ will make ATT refund the money faster.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

OP, I don't think the 1-2 Billing Cycles is correct.

I retuned my iPhone 4 last night at the Apple Store, my receipt shows a return at 7:07pm (PST), this morning I woke up and I had the refund back in my bank account and the $18 upgrade fee credited back to my AT&T account. 30-60 days to process the refund doesn't sound right.

today (aug 31st) seems to be day 7 of the 10 business days they told you it would take to process the refund, so maybe wait a few more day and then maybe on day 10, contact AT&T asks whats taking so long.