Returning iPhone 4S for an upgraded model?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iBreatheApple, Oct 29, 2011.

1. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Last night I was at a concert and whilst recording it said my phone was full. I've always gotten by with 16GB. I have ~ 300 songs, and no more than a gig of apps and this is what I always hover around so it's never been a problem. Now, with 1080P, I am using up a lot of space.

If I want to send my 4S back to Apple (no Apple store in sight) and upgrade to a 32 GB, how will and will they handle this? I did drop my phone before my case came in. The screen and back are still perfect but the metal frame has just a minor "dimple dent".

So I guess my question is, do they normally allow swapping and upgrading? And if they do will they allow it with the small damage? And what fees are associated with returning it? Thanks guys! :apple:

2. joec1101 macrumors 6502

There isn't really any "upgrade" policy, but you should still be within the 30 day return policy window. Just return it and purchase a new one with the larger capacity you want.

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

4. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

x2
    I have the 32 and kinda wish I would have got the 64. I do alot of video out hunting deer and it does fill up fast.:D

5. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Call and ask them. They would know the definite answers to your questions.

6. Smug Boy macrumors member

Within 30 days you can return it, no questions asked. After that it is at their discretion.

7. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

My thing is the "dimple dent", though.

8. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

Pic of the ding dent?

Whe I got my replacement at my local apple store the guy looked at the iPhone to see if it was in good condition and took note of the condition I did have a ding on the side screen on the rubber but was not noticeable..I'm sure apple won't mind..as long it's not major dings or cracked screen..

9. gloryunited macrumors 6502

Is Apple's "no-question-asked return policy" available across the world?

10. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I just made a thread about this. I ran out of memory on the 16GB. So I had to print out the FedEx label, return it to FedEx, where its going half a mile to the warehouse but will take 4 business days. Then gotta wait another 3 business days to get my upgrade back.

If you ordered from the store, just go back to the store and return. Then you gotta reserve the 32GB/64GB and go back to the store the next day. (THats what my Apple advisor said)

11. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Call 1-800-MyApple, you should get a box sent to you to ship your iPhone, and they'll ship you the 32GB or 64GB for the additional cost. We've done it before...:cool:

12. TheComposer macrumors member

No need for a forum i guess:confused:

13. Mr.C macrumors 601

I was under the impression Apple only gives 14 days to return/exchange.

Just to add some people seem to have the misconception that items bought on Apple's web site can be returned to their stores and this is not the case at least not yet. I believe they are soon going to pilot a trial in selected stores where you can do so soon.

14. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

30 for an iPhone. I had no idea you could send back the 16GB and pay the difference. Was never offered that by Apple.

15. Mr.C macrumors 601

I would presume it wouldn't be a pay the difference exchange. You would probably have to return the original for a refund and then buy a new one.

16. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

If I return it, how does this work with upgrade eligibility?

17. Jongo1 macrumors regular

I thought it was 14 days also. I bought mine through sprint