Returning iPhone 5 in the UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cursed, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Cursed macrumors member

Earlier when I was cleaning my iPhone I noticed a very slight dent in the back cover. You have to hold it at the right angle to pick it up. I've had my phone since November and have always kept it in a case and it's never been dropped. Is it possible it could have come out of the factory with this damage? I've set up an online return under accidental damage (no Apple stores nearby), what are my chances of getting it repaired/replaced?

2. vree macrumors member

100%
    Will it be free? Duno.

Does it really bother that much that you want it fixed?
    Give it like a year or so and wear and tear will be all over.

3. Cursed thread starter macrumors member

It's really not bad at all, just a bit of a shame since otherwise the phone is perfect. Since I have it in a case it can't be seen, my only concern is resale value when I'm finished with it. Even though it's not very noticeable I wouldn't want to sell it without telling a buyer.

4. vree macrumors member

Yeah that's true. All my stuff gets scratches after a while and firt I find it horrible but like a week later I stop caring.

But it indeed destroys the resell value...

5. Brian Y macrumors 68040

If you do a remote repair you have very little chance of it being free. If you go to a store, you can explain it, and you'll have more luck.