Returning iPhone 6 Plus for Regular iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rebirth83, Sep 20, 2014.

1. rebirth83, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014

rebirth83 macrumors member

Curious if anyone like me is returning there iPhone 6 plus for the Regular iPhone 6? It's just to big, I like the battery life and everything. But it's awkward especially in my pocket. When you think 5.5 inches it's not that big but it is. Literally my first thought when I open the box yesterday was it's HUGE!!

2. Azzin macrumors 68040

Wow, you're like, the first person to ever have posted a thread asking that question.

Yay.

3. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Thinking about it. If you do, tell me how the exchange goes for you (what store, did you get the 6 right away, etc). Thanks.

4. OT2000 macrumors regular

OT2000

If either of you are near Sacramento, CA please let me know. Looking for 64g Space Grey

5. thedavis5 macrumors newbie

I bought the 6 plus for my husband and he is exchanging for a 6 because the plus won't fit in his pocket comfortably. I got the 6 plus and I'm keeping it.

6. uchosen macrumors 6502

Cool starry bra

7. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Took my huge plus back today. Best move I think.

8. thedavis5 macrumors newbie

Did you order from Apple.com? Apple chat told me I can't return a website order at the Apple Store. I have to send the phone back.

9. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Yes it was an online order.

10. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I just exchanged my 6 Plus that I preordered online for a 6, and I did it in the store with no problems. Much happier with the 6.

11. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

I did same thing. I think the 6 is the perfect device.

12. normanfox macrumors 6502a

there is nothing wrong with 6+ or 6. it all depends on what you value most: portability (iphone 6) or functionality/content consumption(iphone 6 Plus)?

these two factors do to go together. you have to scarify one for the other. you can't have both.

For example, I value functionality and content consumption 80% and portability 20%, hence I chose iphone 6 plus.

13. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I got lucky with my iPhone 6 then, it's portable AND functional. I didn't know only the plus was supposed to be functional:cool:.

And for me it's also not the portability, I could carry around the 6 plus all day, it's the one handed use and the feeling that I was hoping to drop the plus every time I tried to get it out of my pocket and every time I tried to use it one handed.

14. normanfox macrumors 6502a

I refer "functional" as in term of content consumption, I am sure I can be more productive with my 6 plus than 6. Hence Apple wants ios 8 to support landscape mode with 6 plus. Though I can't run around all day with 6 plus which I can with the 6.

15. g808 macrumors regular

I guess we know who wears the pants in your marriage. #

16. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Yeah, I know what you meant to say. Like you said, it's all what you want/need. Both great phones.

17. anobvioustable macrumors newbie

I did on launch day. I pre ordered the wrong phone, got it, took it to the apple store and they swapped no problem. Switched activation and all. I just had to pay the difference since I got a more expensive phone. I didnt open my preorder though.

18. iphone5att64 macrumors 6502

We're Apple customers. Make it easier to find similar threads for us so we don't repeat anything that's ever been said.

Now, who's returning their iPhone 6 for a iPhone 5S?

19. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Yea, some of these posts are getting old.

20. ihatephish macrumors regular

I preordered a silver 64gb iPhone 6 but was able to call an audible upon pickup and got the same, only 6 plus. I did this with the sole intention of being able to return easily for what I originally preordered. No way I can give this plus up now though!

21. MuseumVisitor macrumors member

I had a choice as some. My iPhone 6 was yesterdar arriving in the mail and in addition I had a reservartion from 10am at the Apple store for iPhone 6+. My thinking was that if I liked 6+ better, I would buy it at the store and just return the 6 that came in the mail. Price differance was minimal and it did not metter to my final choice.

Well, I got into the store and went to check both phones. I saw them, held them, looked at the res, opened the map app... I did not wait for any salesperson to serve me, just run back home so that I can avoid missing my UPS guy and getting my 6 before the weekend starts. I read similar reaction on other people's faces in the store as well.

I could not be happier with my decision. I got a new phone instead of a tablet (I already have an iPad). It's practical for everyday occasion. Battery is fine, I always carry my hootoo with me anyway. I had exhibited my photos even made with my iPhone 4, so creativity is more important then anything (I have a nice DSLR with pro lenses for sharp, micro... images if I need features such as IS)...

Now, I hold my 6 confidently, easely (I even have lond fingers), descretely if I want, screen size is perfect, nice for photo viewing, navigation, browsing internet, traveling to other places and speaking/making photos without drawing too much attention...

Will defenately chose the same size the next time.

22. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

Well we didn't see this one coming or anything! lol I'm sure loads of people will be returning the 6 Plus for the 6. That's what happens when people who aren't used to huge phones switch to a huge phone.

I've had a chance to play with both of them. I went with the 6 Plus because it just felt like I wouldn't really be upgrading much if I just went with the 6. It feels nicer than the 5s, but at the end of the day it's not significantly bigger than the 6 either in overall form factor or screen size. The 6 Plus is a huge change, no pun intended. Definitely takes some getting used to, but I couldn't give up the two-day battery life and large screen. When I play with my 5s now, it almost seems like a toy.