iPhone 8(+) Returning iPhone 8+ for on IUP within 14 days?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by linkgx1, Nov 5, 2017.

1. linkgx1 macrumors 68000

Hello. Ok, so the X is way more available than I thought. I can get one at my local Apple store today. So, I got the 8 Plus on the IUP program. If I return it, do I have to apply again? Or how does it work?

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Technically speaking you do. Whether or not you will have to since you are within your 14 day period etc. is up to the powers that be. I am guessing you won't (hard pull).

3. Shadowbech macrumors 601

Yes you will have to re-apply. Since if you are returning it, they have to still close out the loan and open up a new loan. However, it won't be another hard pull.

4. maka344 macrumors 65816

maka344

Yes, as the loan amounts are different however, they have an option to select exchange which will perform a softer credit search but you’ll end up with a closed credit account for the 8 and a new credit account for the X on your credit report.

5. linkgx1 thread starter macrumors 68000

Dang. Maybe I will just keep my 8 plus. Seems like a hassle. Didn’t realize it’d do that to my credit.

6. maka344 macrumors 65816

maka344

The reason why I know this, last year, my iUP 7 Plus was faulty twice, so I exchanged it and had multiple closed credit entries on my file. I had to contact them and explain thus, they’d remove the entries from my file - which they did.