Returning iPhone for a different model?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Unprocessed1, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

I purchased the 256GB iPhone X because it's the only storage that was available on preorder day.one full price.

I bought the phone full price on Verizon.

Two return scenario questions:

1) Would I be able to walk into an Apple store and easily swap the phone for a 64gb X AND trade in my iPhone 7 towards the cost of the new phone? Would this cause any issues with Verizon?

2) Would I be able to "return" my current iPhone, but also trade in my iPhone 7 towards the price (instead of simply just getting an Apple gift card)?

2. Shadowbech macrumors 601

1. Did you pay full price on iPhone 7? Is it under DPP (Device Payment Plan)? If you paid in full then there would be no issues. But might be an issue if it's on DPP.

2. I don't think this work. When you do a trade in, the amount would have to go on the apple gift card, and then you use the apple gift card when you are returning and repurchasing a different size.

3. Unprocessed1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

I purchased it as part of the old-school Verizon "two-year contract." Not monthly payments.

Really wondering if they'd let me do a quick return and repurchase and including the trade in. I like the trade in value Apple is offering, just don't want to have to buy more things.

4. Unprocessed1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

Well, the 64GB sold out quickly in store, so only have option #2.

Anyone know if I'd be able to "return" my X and get the trade in value refunded to my card instead of only getting an Apple Gift Card?