Returning iPhone from first time Upgrade Program?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by powerbook911, Sep 23, 2016.

1. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I believe I'll be returning my 7 Plus. The screen is half yellow rather than all yellow, I can't take that. Plus, the hiss to some degree.

I purchased for the first time on upgrade program and says I cannot setup the return online because it wasn't a credit card.

Has anyone else ran into this? If you call, are they able to setup the return normal? I'm far from a store so I can't go there.

I guess it's just more complicated because they have to cancel the loan, but have some of you done it successfully?

Thanks!

2. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

Why aren't you calling Apple to get the answers to your questions?

That would be the first thing I'd do.

3. powerbook911 thread starter macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I waited on hold 30 minutes and got disconnected. From my experience, macrumors forum members are 10x sharper than those folks too.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

I believe there is an adjustment for the yellow issue, at least there was an article on this. And the hissing noise doesn't seem to affect anything, accept your own personal annoyance.

5. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

yes the adjustment will still make his screen 2 different colors.

The hissing on the phone is unacceptable as well.

6. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

Ahhh, ok.

Not judging you or anything...

7. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

The hissing has not been proven as a defect, even if your claiming it's unacceptable. Some have said the noise is hardly tolerable with little effect on the iPhone. We don't know what's acceptable at this point, until it's deemed a hardware concern or coil noise.

8. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

9. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

Sounds like you could take the phone in for a genius appt and get it replaced.

10. powerbook911 thread starter macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Good idea, I wouldn't want my box to not match the serial when it's a brand new product. Again, I'm not near Apple store. Plus, getting a replacement, you're starting to commit to keeping it if you never get a good one. Better just to buy again.

I am again on a 30 minute + hold and I will report back what I find out for anyone else who ends up needing to return an upgrade program phone.

Thanks for all the responses. The half yellow screen is the big deal breaker for me. I can live with some inconsistency, but this is too much difference between the top and bottom.