Returning iphone to o2?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by si3000999, Nov 14, 2007.

1. J@ffa macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

It's the contract you have to worry about. I doubt you'll be able to return it either, given that you've signed up to the contract. As far as I know you can return it within fourteen days provided you haven't activated it, but I don't know for sure...

2. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

If its like the USA, you will need to pay an early termination fee, unless your contract gives you a window to avoid it.

3. si3000999 thread starter macrumors member

4. aly macrumors member

I think you'll be able to terminate the contract no problem. As you say there is a 14 day right to cancel on phone contracts, or at least both O2 and Vodafone seem to let you. I dunno about the phone though, normally I'd say no probs, but then it is apple :rolleyes:

Aly

5. si3000999 thread starter macrumors member

6. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

That's the tough part. An apple store here would. :(

Edit: Good. Looks like you are covered?

7. samab macrumors 6502a

10 Important –Your right to change your mind

10.1 In addition to any other rights you have, and subject to paragraph 10.3 below, you may cancel this Agreement without liability for the remaining monthly subscription payments and return your Mobile Phone for a full refund:

(a) within 14 days from the date on which you received your Mobile Phone if you purchased your Mobile Phone from O2 or Apple; or

(b) within 7 Working Days from the date on which you received your Mobile Phone if you purchased your Mobile Phone from The Carphone Warehouse,

in either case described as the “Change of Mind Period“.

To do this you must return your Mobile Phone, undamaged, with proof of purchase, in the original packaging and complete with all the original parts, together with your email confirming failed activation if applicable, within the applicable Change of Mind Period to the store that you purchased from, or via the applicable returns procedure if you did not purchase in a retail store. If you did not purchase your Mobile Phone direct from O2 you will also need to notify us of the return by contacting O2 Customer Service. You may activate and use your SIM Card in your Mobile Phone to connect to the Network during this period, but you will be required to pay for the cost of any usage you make such as calls, texts or data, including roaming or other usage that my take longer to be billed.

10.2 You may also cancel this Agreement up to 14 days after the date that you successfully activate and we connect your SIM Card to the Network (the “Distance Sales Trial Period“) as long as you notify us in writing within this 14 day period, but you will not be able to also return your Mobile Phone. You agree that if you use your SIM card to connect to the Network during the Distance Sales Trial Period then you will lose your right to cancel within the Distance Sales Trial Period and you will be responsible for any Charges incurred.

10.3 If you were within the minimum term of an O2 pay monthly agreement at the time you purchased your Mobile Phone from O2 and O2 permitted you to switch to an O2 tariff for iPhone without paying a transfer fee in place of your remaining monthly charges, you agree that you will be transferred back to your previous tariff and required to complete your previous agreement if you cancel this Agreement within the Change of Mind Period or Distance Sales Change of Mind Period.

10.4 Nothing in paragraph 10 affects your statutory rights.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsconditions/iphone

8. yusavio macrumors newbie

I'm in a similar position myself

My O2 Dilemma Thread

As far as I'm aware, if you cancel your iPhone contract within the first 14 days, you revert to your previous O2 contract if you transfered.