Returning iphone to store and future jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by g33, May 1, 2010.

1. g33 macrumors 6502

I want to return my iphone 3GS to the store in hope to have them exchange it for a new one as minor cracks are appearing near the headphone jack and screws/dock area plus its signal is becoming increasingly dodgy and the vibrate is randomly going off.

First of all its JBed on 3.1.2 and up till now its customised with apps just how i like it :|

anyway im guessing if i ask for a replacement they will check that its on the up to date OS, right? meaning i will need to restore to factory etc and latest OS. In this case if they do not replace it and ive restored it will i be able to go from the latest OS to being JBed? therefore in the same situation as if i DO get a replacement 3GS from Apple will i be able to get it JBed?

Cheers in advance

2. dcguy12 macrumors newbie

Yes, you can join the ever growing club of "Ex's" like me.

"Ex-Jailbroken iPhone owners"

You'll now notice the swarmy answers from those that are just too smart to accidentally upgrade their phones or have never ever had it go into recovery mode loop or broken it.

We're the metaphorical "fat kids" on the edge of the wall watching the dance.
    sigh

3. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

speaking of jb well couldn't u just use xcode to put ur devise back to a jail breakable version, because in xcode i can choose all of the os versions to lode to my iphone. idk but it mite only work for a person with a dev account:D

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Can you explain? I've never heard of this before.

5. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

well if ur a developer (i am) you can register ur own devise and restore ur devise (through xcode) to any firmware 3.0-ect. because i have 4.0 on now but say i wanted to test to see if my app would work on 3.whatever i could restore to that version without a problem then after i can jailbreak the phone. im going to do this when i get my ipad so i could tether it.

6. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Could you please provide the instructions to do so?

7. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

well idk if it works so don't get mad and pout if it breaks ur phone. become a paid dev then register ur own devise at the dev center then download xcode. connect ur devise then click use for development. then in xcode u can choose what software version to restore to. restore then u will be at the software version u wanted. there will be no data on the devise music, movies ect then go to itunes and restore to back up of ur devise. this will set up ur phones data to the way it was before ( if its a phone it will activate it, and put settings and other stuff on the phone). then jailbreak . but like i said idk if it will work so get someone better to explain it and make sure it works im not the brightest bulb in the box so i would ask someone else to help u.:D

8. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I think I understand now. I might try this on my dev phone just for curiosity.

9. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

ok pm me if it works because if it does ill be doing it K:D:D:D

10. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

11. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

it wont let u restore it that stinks well if u get anything then just post it