Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lightning inc.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
Hi
I purchased iPhone 6 to my hotel at the 19th.
I am leaving this hotel also at the 19th at 4 PM.
If the iPhone will not deliver by then, can I pay FEDEX to take the iPhone back to the apple store for full refund? (closed and Sealed in the box)

Is it ok? how much its going to cost?

thank you :) appreciate it a a lot!

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Hi
I purchased iPhone 6 to my hotel at the 19th.
I am leaving this hotel also at the 19th at 4 PM.
If the iPhone will not deliver by then, can I pay FEDEX to take the iPhone back to the apple store for full refund? (closed and Sealed in the box)

Is it ok? how much its going to cost?

thank you :) appreciate it a a lot!

No, only the shipper can intercept a delivery. You'll need to either:

- Cancel the order now and wait
- Hang around at the hotel
- Ask the hotel to reject the package

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
There will be 3 attempts by fedex to deliver the phone, after the third, it will be returned to the shipper (apple). So in the end, you'll get your money.

I don't think you can request that fedex can ship a phone to an apple store so you can get a refund. To be honest the folks at the store won't really know what to do with the phone.

Remember they get a lot of product in and that will be but one small box amongst a lot of other boxes with no paperwork inside it other then your invoice.

lightning inc.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
[/COLOR]
There will be 3 attempts by fedex to deliver the phone, after the third, it will be returned to the shipper (apple). So in the end, you'll get your money.

I don't think you can request that fedex can ship a phone to an apple store so you can get a refund. To be honest the folks at the store won't really know what to do with the phone.

Remember they get a lot of product in and that will be but one small box amongst a lot of other boxes with no paperwork inside it other then your invoice.

So if I already left then I will have my money back no extra fee and no risk what so ever?

HolyGrail

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2010
Planet Earth
If I ever miss my package, I just call fedex and they let me pick it up at their service station in town. Give them a call and see.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[/COLOR]

So if I already left then I will have my money back no extra fee and no risk what so ever?
It gets returned to the shipper, the only thing that will occur is probably a deal yin seeing your money back as its probably not that typical that phones are sent back for non delivery. I have no idea when your return would be processed and you'd see your upgrade reset to buy again.

If I ever miss my package, I just call fedex and they let me pick it up at their service station in town. Give them a call and see.
That's what I do if I missed a delivery and I know I'll not be around.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
the problem is i leave the state at the 19th

I'd recommend then perhaps buying the phone when you'll be home, instead of taking a chance like this. It is after all only a cell phone, and waiting a few more weeks isn't really a huge deal.

lightning inc.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
I'd recommend then perhaps buying the phone when you'll be home, instead of taking a chance like this. It is after all only a cell phone, and waiting a few more weeks isn't really a huge deal.

you are 100% right.
I've canceled my order.
Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.