Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Traderalways

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
my reception on Verizon in NYC IS HORRIBLE! I activated it with the SIM card that was Already in the max! Can i just take the new activated SIM card and put it in my old iPhone 6+. And then send the max back to Verizon without a SIM card?? Is that ok? Or will Verizon charge me another 50 bucks for NO SIM card in the phone? Lol. Thanks in advance.

mkz168

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2014
Just tell them that you’ll be returning it, they should have your old sim on file, just few clicks and your old sim should be alive again.

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
my reception on Verizon in NYC IS HORRIBLE! I activated it with the SIM card that was Already in the max! Can i just take the new activated SIM card and put it in my old iPhone 6+. And then send the max back to Verizon without a SIM card?? Is that ok? Or will Verizon charge me another 50 bucks for NO SIM card in the phone? Lol. Thanks in advance.
You can just place the sim from the the max in your 6+ and it will activate that phone right away. i have done that with other phones in the past. That sim is connected to your phone number, so switching between phones will be no problem. In fact, you can try it right now, and you will see that your 6+ will be working right away.

Reactions: timeconsumer

Traderalways

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
You can just place the sim from the the max in your 6+ and it will activate that phone right away. i have done that with other phones in the past. That sim is connected to your phone number, so switching between phones will be no problem. In fact, you can try it right now, and you will see that your 6+ will be working right away.
I know it will work! But will Verizon be ok with me mailing back the new MAX without a sim in it. Lol. I called them, but gave up after i was on hold for 30 minutes.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
I know it will work! But will Verizon be ok with me mailing back the new MAX without a sim in it. Lol. I called them, but gave up after i was on hold for 30 minutes.
According to Verizon’s return policy on their website here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/one-support/return-policy/

It says:
“Additionally, you should retain or destroy any removable or portable memory cards or modules (such as a SIM Card or SD Card) in order to help protect sensitive information, such as mobile banking information.”

So based on that you shouldn’t get charged if you don’t return the SIM Card.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
I don’t know about having no SIM, but I’m pretty sure I read that they’ll charge you $50 for a restocking fee. That was my reason for buying the Max from Apple. Wasn’t sure I’d like it, and wanted to have the option to return it. Best Buy was $35, Verizon was $50, and Apple was no charge. (I was right, and ended up returning it this morning. Silver Xs for me now)

Reactions: timeconsumer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.