Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iminimac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2005
I bought a ipod mini (blue) in jan. i sent it in to be replaced about 3 months later because it had a hardware fault. It returned and the battery life lasts about an hour. i want to send it off to apple repair but i am going away for ages in a week so i need it then. i could take it to my apple store(london). do you think they would replace it as it is also the older version?

any help?

mrzeve

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2005
I highly doubt that the Apple store, or Apple in general is going to replace the device for you because of a Battery failure (Unless it were an iPod 3rd generation or lower)

If you would have the hard drive error showing again (Im assuming you were talking about the folder with the icon) and took it to the store, and claimed that it was happening constantly, and you've formatted it and restored several times in the past week, maybe they could help you out.

Tricky thing with the minis is that, from my understanding, they dont carry many replacments in stock with all the colors. So, if they dont have it they will most likely ship it out for you and ask you for your new location.

Unless you beg and plead and ask them to take another one out of the box, which they have done for me with products before, but never for an iPod or something near as expensive, usually just In-ear headphones. Didnt really need to plead either though.

Well goodluck.

iminimac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2005
i think you didnt understand my post
i had already had it sent off and returned because of a hardware fault
my ipod works fine apart from when i have recieved it and i have only used it twice since then the battery life is about an hour
the battery life is the reason i want it replaced

any help?

mrzeve

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2005
iminimac said:
i think you didnt understand my post
i had already had it sent off and returned because of a hardware fault
my ipod works fine apart from when i have recieved it and i have only used it twice since then the battery life is about an hour
the battery life is the reason i want it replaced

any help?

Everything I said still stands. I understood your post perfectly.

I dont think you understood me though.

I highly doubt that Apple is going to replace your iPod because of the battery issues. Unless you go to the store and try to claim (even though its the truth) that the battery is dieing on you the way it is since they shipped it to you.

Was the iPod that they gave back to you the same one you shipped off with a fixed drive, or did they completely replace it (new serial number on the back)?

If its the same one then refer to my first post.

iminimac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2005
its defintily a new one

i used it once before for about 3 hours
and then once again for about a hour
and thats all and i noticed the low battery and watched the battery and it lasted very little

mrzeve

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2005
iminimac said:
its defintily a new one

i used it once before for about 3 hours
and then once again for about a hour
and thats all and i noticed the low battery and watched the battery and it lasted very little

So yeah, you can just go and make a fuss in the store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.