Returning items to online store - charges?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bigfried, Nov 5, 2008.

1. bigfried macrumors newbie

Hi. I have purchased a Macbook from the Apple UK online store. although there seems to be a 2 week delay between ordering and delivery, so I am expecting it in 1 weeks time.
    After reading some of the threads here I am very worried that I will not be happy with the screen as I will use it to edit photos and will probably wish to upgrade to a Pro.
    If I get the Macbook and have to return it because of the standard of the screen will I have to pay any charges? Or should I not take the risk and change the order before it is sent out to me? On Apple's website it states there is a £60 return post fee and I would rather use that to cushion the blow to upgrade.
    Does anyone have any experience of this?

2. molala macrumors 6502a

I returned a white Macbook to the refurb store last week. No £60 fee. I don't know why they say that on the website (I was ready to take the hit), but I was refunded at full cost (they even arranged TNT pick up of the laptop).

Also, if you have genuine problems such as the screen quality, I think they will waive the fee. And if you order a replacement, they should waive a fee. The refurb store is a little different, they don't do replacements, I had to order another Macbook separately.