Returning Jet Black within 14 days

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chfilm, Oct 3, 2016.

1. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

Hi guys,

I'll get my iPhone 7 Jet Black the day after tomorrow. In the meantime, the awesome photography thread over here has convinced me to get a 7+ though.
    I already placed an order for both a matte and a jet black 7+ wich are both due in november.

So my question is this: I'd love to play around with the Jet black 7 for at least a few days, before sending it back, just to get a feeling if the color is right for me, or if I should only stick with the matte black 7+ order.

I won't take it out of the house, just have it at home and treat it super carefully, but I'd like to use it a bit without the protective foil on it. Will I still be able to return it within the 14 days? Or does it have to be kept inside it's original package all the time??

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It doesn't really matter because if you return the box even still shrink-wrapped, they will open it and remanufacture it to become a white box replacement. Apple doesn't take any chance lest someone swaps out the iPhone and re-shrink wraps the box.

3. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

Yep. Don't be that guy.
    Let someone who has been waiting for JB have it instead of renting it for free for 14 days and never being able to be sold as new again.

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Jet Black is a stellar color. But for me, the Matte black would have been my choice between the two. Even though I actually opted for Gold in the 7 Plus.

5. chfilm thread starter macrumors 65816

chfilm

Yea guys I'll return it within two days, but I have to see it in person to finally make a choice regarding my incoming 7+. I have a delivery date of November 18th :(

6. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

It's your phone, you bought it. Play around with it however you like, and if you don't like it you can return it.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 3, 2016 ---
    The whole point of a return period is to let people see how they like a product. OP doesn't owe anything extra to apple or a potential apple consumer. He can use the phone how he wants, and return in within the grace period.

7. gadgetfreaky macrumors 6502a

Smart to order both honestly so you can decide the one you like. I wish I'd done that.

a lot of people will complain you are taking their spot...but it's not your fault apple didn't meet the pre order targets.

8. chfilm thread starter macrumors 65816

chfilm

yea, I'm usually not that guy, but after I read here on the forums that a lot of people were actually doing this, and since the preorder time was like 6 weeks, I figured I set both preorders up right now, and will compare the jet black on the regular 7 to a matte black in a store eventually and then cancel one of my plus orders. Just didnt want to order just the JB and then two weeks later be like: OH I figured I'd rather have the black one, and then wait another month...

9. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

He is not seeing if he likes the product.
    You can check out the color at any store that sells iPhones.
    It is obvious he wants to use an iPhone while he waits for his pre-order to come in.
    Its a dbag move no matter how you slice it.

If you are purposely ripping open a new product, with the full expectation of returning it, well, you are that guy.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It won't make any difference because even if you return a sealed box, they will open it and remanufacture it.

People who are initially undecided and pre-order more than one model with the intent of returning the unopened boxes are no better either, as these will get remanufactured to become white box replacements rather than re-sold as retail boxes.

In other words, it's already too late.

11. Newjackboy macrumors 6502

Nah, use it enjoy and return it if u wish. Apple are allow it and are more than happy for u to do it

12. esteli macrumors member

esteli

its a first world problem ,im agree with your opinion at the same time apple is completely ok with this matter,at the end everyone do it

13. chfilm thread starter macrumors 65816

chfilm

Don't be so rude mr, I didn't order it with this in mind. Until I saw all the pics of the portrait mode of the plus, I wanted to only have a regular one. Actually I'm still indecisive and will go to a store this week to check out the plus size again.
    I couldn't do it earlier tough cause I just returned form a three week vacation today. So is all been virtual for me so far, and you need to see these devices In person. I don't plan to use the phone as my main one while I wait, asi have a perfectly fine 6s here.