Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2011
I bought a Macbook Air in Soho, NYC last week

I brought it back to london and wanted to return it, but i cant do it here as I have to return it to the country that it is from

So i rang apple soho and they said it needs to be brought in person, great!!!

Any thoughts would be great

itickings

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
Why do you want to return it? Have you changed your mind, or is it not functional?

If you just changed your mind, you'll probably minimize your losses by selling it.

peskaa

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2008
London, UK
It's pretty obvious that you have to return a product in the same country that you purchased it in, otherwise all kinds of shenanigans can occur. Plus, refunds are usually given back to the payment card, which has to be present.

So basically, unless you're back in NYC in the next few days, you're going to have to either live with it or sell it.

komoornik

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2011
Why would you even want to return it?

I bet you've payed for it less then the price is in UK - so just sell it and even make profit.

tim0409

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2010
If it's a base 13" I will give you what you paid for it. (I am in Edinburgh)

molala

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Cambridge, UK
Hope you find a buyer. It shouldn't be too hard and you should even be able to make a small profit. Just got my MBA last week, otherwise I'd want to buy it off you too.

erasr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
just generally when i am reading anything, i don't want to have to zoom in all the time when i am browsing.

I thought the same when I bought mine and nearly took it back.

1 month on, it doesn't even bother me and I don't think about it. You'll get used to the size within 3 weeks trust me. I'd keep it, you'll eventually love it.

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2005
just generally when i am reading anything, i don't want to have to zoom in all the time when i am browsing.

Yeah I had the same thing with my 11", returned it for the same reason. I don't always want to be squinting and hunching over my laptop.

Which one did you have? I wonder if the 13" is as bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.