Returning MacBook for iMac

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mikalh78, Nov 3, 2008.

1. mikalh78 macrumors regular

Hey everyone,
    I have a question, I bought a MacBook on Friday Oct 24th and I'm having buyers remorse and i want to return it to get the 20" iMac. Can I still do this? Oh and I know bout the 10% restocking fee.

2. Jollins macrumors regular

Jollins

If you want, go for it. You can return within 14 days. Personally I always get a little buyers remorse with everything expensive I buy and its usually temporary, so if you're like me you might want to reconsider before you lose $130-$160 to a restocking fee.

3. Bwilky macrumors regular

Can I ask what you don't like about it? You will have to pay the restocking fee because the Imac isn't a higher value.

4. mikalh78 thread starter macrumors regular

For what I payed for I can get all of this with a 20" screen and I don't really need the portablity aspect of the laptop. So if i went this Friday to return it will I get charged 10% for the restocking if I went to get the iMac instead?

5. Jollins macrumors regular

Jollins

If you're nice to the manager and since you're getting another mac instead, you might get it waived. We can't say for sure though.

6. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

Looking at your situation, I think they will waive the 10% restocking fee. Apple is still making some heavy cash!

7. mikalh78 thread starter macrumors regular

After work today I'll give the store I bought it from a call and talk to the manager and see if theres anything possible that I can do. I'm still buying a Mac.

8. mikalh78 thread starter macrumors regular

Its a great laptop, but I use a 24" iMac at work and I just love it. As well the quality of the MacBook just seems poor (slanted keyboard, scratched top before I got to use it...) seems like their QC has gone down hill....

9. poblack macrumors regular

before you take it back I would reconsider. I bought my first mac (alum. macbook) and use it with my 22" external monitor and keyboard. I love it. I used to hate laptops, but with my set up, I can be portable when I need to be. There will be great deals on monitors on black friday. Last year I got a 22" westinghouse with DVI, VGA, and component video for only $150 from Best Buy.

10. Mitsune macrumors newbie

I agree with poblack.

Instead of paying the penalty in restocking fees, put it into an external monitor with keyboard + mouse. You'll now have your desktop system at home and/or simply unplug the external equipment to be on the go.

11. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

You'd be able to get the restoking fees pushed to the side easy.

12. sangosimo Guest

sangosimo

I am going to echo the same thing. but get a 24inch monitor instead :D