Returning MacBook for MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tekmoe, Oct 21, 2008.

1. tekmoe, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013

tekmoe macrumors 68000

2. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

For the new ones, isn't the screen exactly the same except for size? :confused:

3. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

Absolutely not... check out the gizmodo (sp?) review.

4. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

Hmm....

I dunno. Can you prove yourself?

5. tekmoe thread starter macrumors 68000

I'll post pics of my new MacBook Pro later this evening? :p

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I dunno. We'll have to check with the Godfather to see if he'll let you back in! :D
    That might help!

7. ktowe macrumors newbie

first of all, welcome back....

Do they really let you exchange for a more expensive product without having to pay restocking fee? is that a normal practice or you are being granted an exception? the reason I'm asking this is because I'm thinking about exchanging my 2.4mbp for a 2.53.

8. tekmoe thread starter macrumors 68000

I called and talked to the manager of the Apple store where I purchased my MacBook. I explained to her why I want to exchange it. She asked me why I feel like I should not have to pay the restocking fee. I told her I was not satisfied with the product. She said she would waive the stocking fee for me due to the special circumstance.

9. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

So sorry, but we have exceeded out quota for the month. Thanks for your interest. Check back again at a later date.

:)

10. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

You are hereby conditionally re-accepted into the clan. Until you post your pics then it's official :p

Anyways, it's so important to be satisfied with your computer. Let's hope the MBP will satisfy!

too bad about there being little difference between the macbook and macbook pro huh? and some were calling it the successor to the 12" powerbook lol

they should rename it the macbooklet instead

11. tekmoe thread starter macrumors 68000

Just got back from the Apple store. They upgraded me and waived the restocking fee. Shuweeeet!

Will have pics posted shortly. I am currently migrating all my data using Time Machine.

12. robby818 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, UPS delivered my Macbook on Monday and that afternoon it was back on the delivery truck (unopened). I went to the Pasadena Apple store and spent my lunch comparing the screens on the MB and MBP. Then I saw the Gizmodo article and it pretty much confirmed that I wouldn't be happy with the MB screen. So I am now on a MBP and loving it. I love the size of the MB. If Apple put in a better display I probably would have gone with it....maybe that's exactly why Apple didn't make it quite that nice. During the keynote I wondered if the MB would cannibalize sales from the low end MBP. :p

13. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

Ok, some of the others may have accepted you, but I still need pictures.

I'm sorry, but we just have to be careful around here.

Too many of those dirty MacBook and MacBook Air types in these parts.