Returning MacBook Pro on the 24th. Question??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by audrey.young54, Feb 21, 2011.

1. audrey.young54 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, I am a first time Mac user and it's my first time posting on a mac forum so i apologize if this is not the right place for my question.

Feb 24th is the last day that I can return my Macbook Pro 17inch that I bought with a student discount. The price came out to be $2,308.00, so all i would have to do is perhaps pay a couple extra hundred for the new 17inch coming out.

My question is, I actually need to use the laptop all the way up until the 23rd and I was wondering if the stores get really crowded during launch dates and etc? (supposedly on the 24th??) Where people camp out and etc...

I need to make it a quick in and out for the return since i'm quite busy and i can't really afford to wait hours in line just to return it =X. Would you recommend finishing all my work and clearing out everything i put onto it in advance and return it on the 22nd or 23rd instead?

Thanks for your help and advice in advance!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Depends on where you live. Either way.... why does it matter? You either return it your you don't if you need your machine up until that day.

3. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

being a busy person myself I would get to an apple store on the 23rd and return it.

4. BubbaMc macrumors regular

5. rkheyfets macrumors regular

I would return it on the 23rd or sooner why risk something happening and not being able to return it the 24th?

6. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I highly doubt that anyone is going to be camping out for a Mac update. The stores might be a bit busier than usual if the new computers come out, but it won't be anything like an iPhone or iPad launch.

7. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

this.

The people on this board are not representative of the populous.

Now, if we could buy Macbook Pros for, say $50 bucks and pay a monthly access charge over time then yes, everyone would be getting the new machine.

Dropping $2500 on a computer isn't something done often though.

8. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

Considering there's been no official announcement and only people that follow tech sites and blogs and forums like these know of the MBP refresh, I wouldn't worry just yet. BUt still I would return it on the 23rd. I've been suffering with an old laptop for the past two weeks, but it'll be worth it.

I still see people on Facebook debating on getting which 2010 MBP model lol I haven't bothered to mention they're releasing new ones soon. Even a family friend bought a new MBP last week...