returning macbook to apple store purchased through school.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tom93084, May 9, 2013.

1. tom93084 macrumors newbie

I got a brand new in box MacBook pro brought through Full Sail University. Apparently they have a deal through apple. Unfortunetly, its not a retina. Does anyone know if its possible to return/exchange a MacBook purchased through a school to apple?

2. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

Why not just ask your school? I'm sure they have an email.

3. RadDave macrumors regular

RadDave

Hi Tom..... - as suggested, I would definitely check w/ the school; if this was purchased by them for your use using their funds, then they are the likely owner of your MBP and not you - they should decide - NOW, that may not be the situation (don't know), but I'm a retired academic radiologist and obtained a LOT of office & home electronic/computer equipment over the years which was tracked for years by my school. So just a suggestion to check first w/ them before disposing or exchanging the machine.

Second, I just bought a r-MBP (13"; 256 GB SSD) and really love the display (did not compare it to the machine you likely received but I'm assuming that you've seen both to make a judgement). Good luck and let us know about the 'legality' of your question in your 'neck of the woods. Dave :)