Returning my 4s for replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lgwells1, Oct 19, 2011.

1. lgwells1 macrumors regular

lgwells1

Out of the box my white 16 4s had a gap between the antenna and the back glass by the camera. I am going to a Apple store this weekend to have it replaced. Apple retail employee said it won't be a problem and they would have a replacement for me. Awesomeness

On another note, my MBP that I bought in Sept has a few uneven pieces. Mainly the bottom plate over hangs like a under bite. Then the top where the screen rest is misaligned. So when it is closed in clamshell mode, the left side lays down lower than the right. Do you think they could help me out? I don't want a replacement but wouldn't hurt my feelings if they did. Or should I just wait till the small refresh comes then go back to the Apple store and see if they could swap me out?

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

The odds of them replacing an iOS device are a lot higher than them replacing a whole MBP.

But since you just bought it they may feel sympathy.

3. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

You might as well bring it with you since you're going to be there. At least then a Genius can advise on what they can or can't do.

4. lgwells1 thread starter macrumors regular

lgwells1

Ok, should I book two appointments then? I don't want to be rude and whip out my MBP as soon as they fix my 4s.

My fiancee thinks I am nuts, doesn't understand how I see things like that. But to me, they jump out and every time I use my MBP I always have these flaws on the back of my mind.