Returning my Air for 2.2 Pro..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hooneyrob, Jul 29, 2011.

1. hooneyrob macrumors member

Hello all, first post.

I’ve just bought a MacBook Air 13” and am considering returning. The laptop was going to be my main every day computer and I just feel that a) 128GB SSD is a little too small b) the screen is a little too small at 13” and I’m used to a 15” c) it feels like a credit card and I simply don’t like the feeling d) the silver surround distracts me..

So, I could upgrade the SSD at a higher cost but I’m wondering whether or not a 15” MacBook Pro would be a better option for me..

On the plus side, the Air is so fast considering it’s dimensions and the battery life is seriously great. If I was out and about every day it would be the way to go but as an office computer 50% of the time I just feel it’s bias is towards a road warrior who is out more often than in..

I’m considering the 2.2 MacBook Pro 15” with high res screen. However, I do a fair amount of podcasting and I’ve heard the fan noise when it spins up under use of apps like garageband is just too loud. I don’t have any fancy kit, just a USB Creative headset.

Also, the change of case to a new slimmer version interests me, is that going to occur before end of 2011 does anybody think?

Thanks.. Rob.

2. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

I returned my new 13" 256GB MBA for similar reasons to the ones you outlined. I've gone back to my 2009 15" MacBook Pro and I'm now waiting for the next Pro refresh.

3. snow blind macrumors regular

Funny... i've always used the 15" and just picked up a 13" 2011 MBP and really want to sell it for one of the new 13" Airs. :D

4. Mak47 macrumors 6502a

Just bear in mind, the hi-res screen still has the silver surrounding it. If you want black you'll get a glossy screen.

5. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

^ummm, not exactly.

The high-res screen still has a black boarder(full glass), the high-res anti glare has the silver(Al) boarder.

6. Titanium81 macrumors 6502a

Titanium81

I second that! I'm waiting for the New MacBook Pro 15" to come out.... whenever that is. I just can't justify paying $2000 for a laptop that is mid-cycle of an update (even though the ones that are out are very very nice :)).