Returning My Faulty Whitebook, should I get MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Alan Menhennet, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Alan Menhennet macrumors newbie

I have posted about this in the White Macbook thread, but I'd rather not derail.

Last monday I bought my first mac a white macbook, very happy with it. A few days ago screen starts going black occasionally and a dead pixel shows up. Im inside my 14 days, and I'm going to return it tommorow.

My question is, should I get a refund and save up a little more dough and get the 13" MBP?

I really like the back lit keyboard and trackpad and the overall design. FW was the deal killer with the uMB, but now it has FW800. I am a guitarist by hobby and I will be recording, the dual input/output is a pain, but I was going to buy an interface anyways.

Im an Industrial design student using this mostly for Photoshop, I know it can handle it, the White Macbook works brilliantly.

Basically I want a unibody with the words Macbook Pro on it, but is it worth the extra 250 Australian with my Education discount??

Thanks

2. Geoff. macrumors 6502

Geoff.

Yeah if i was returning mine i would get a 13 inch MBP. Totally up to you though

3. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

After yesterdays news, I would say yes to new MBP.

4. Alan Menhennet thread starter macrumors newbie

I know its early days, but has anyone got any idea about some sort of adapter for the line in?? Just something to keep me happy until I buy an interface

Hmmm MBP i think