Returning my iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Shahidkapoor, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Shahidkapoor macrumors member

Shahidkapoor

Hello everyone,

I wanted to return my iPad 2. I purchased it on 1st Aug and on the receipt it says Return date: 15th August. My question is, is it any day before 15th August or I can return it on 15th as well?

I bought it from Apple store, Regent street, London. So, can I return it in store?
    And will they refund me the whole amount or ??

Many thanks in advance.

2. PaulWog Suspended

Why is it that you're returning the iPad 2? I'm just curious.

You can return up to 14 days from the purchase date. So the 15th would be the last day you can return on I believe. You'd be smart to return today though if you're able to though (I always like leaving some headroom when it comes to those kinds of things just incase).

3. Shahidkapoor thread starter macrumors member

Shahidkapoor

Thanks for the Repy Paulwog.
    Wont be able to return today as it's already 9:55PM London:(
    If they accept it tomorrow, will they refund me the whole amount?

Why I'm returning? : Ok I'll tell you. I was a windows user, just a month back sold my windows laptop and wanted to switch to Mac.But I found iPad 2 more appealing, cheaper and enough for my work. Now I feel, it can't be used a Primary computer, so thought of returning it and will be getting a Macbook pro 13.

4. PaulWog Suspended

Makes sense to me.

They give you a 100% refund.

Your only issue would be if you're outside the 14 day return window, or if the iPad is notably damaged.

You're definitely right about the iPad though... it's not yet ready to be a full-fledged computer replacement, if ever, for the majority of people. It's more of a supplement to most.

5. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

Actually, I think it's a great computer replacement for "the majority of people." I say that because the "majority of people" use a computer for precisely those tasks that an iPad does at least passably well: media consumption, light internet browsing, light game playing and emails. Not a great SMS device but I suspect that is more a phone-related than a computer-related activity for most folks.

Until recently such consumers were more or less forced to overspend for computers that were capable of far more than they really needed. Their only alternatives were underpowered netbooks with less than stellar displays and all the maintenance requirements of more expensive computers.

All in all, I think it's those of us who really need computing power and applications that are in the minority. I can't give up either my laptop or my desktop system for the iPad. But with some minor tweaks to better manage photos and videos and more local storage options, my wife could happily abandon her $1500 laptop for the iPad.

6. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

The iPad is NOT a replacement. Amongst other things it doesn't have a tactile keyboard, appropriate input of various media, or the space. A Mac Mini/iMac 21.5 and an iPad 2 is the bear minimum solution.

Personally, I think a Macbook Air would blow you away.

7. palpatine macrumors 68040

i would say that the macbook air is pretty powerful, and you ought to take a look at the 11" model before you buy the mbp.

the ipad is probably best thought of as a supplement to a computer. that said, i get about 90% of my work done on it. i use the ipad + bluetooth keyboard + incase origami workstation. take a look at my profile-->threads i have started if you want to know more.

in my case, i have an mbp 13" at home that does the heavy lifting. i am quite pleased with the combination.

8. PaulWog Suspended

Intended pun? Lol :D

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Windows user here, got my first Mac a week ago (Air). Been an iPad user for over a year.

The iPad is great for a lot of things, but some of us need a real computer. On than can run Quicken and FTP with access to the file system, Windows, and sometimes even DOS! :D The iPad is a great email, web browsing, and media consumption device, but there are time when you need the real thing.

iPad 2 + MacBook Air = computing heaven. :cool: