Returning my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by exhibit.b, Jan 1, 2009.

1. exhibit.b macrumors regular

I bought an iPhone the day after Christmas. Then I start hearing about the possibility of a 32gb iPhone coming out. I know I have 30 days to return it to the apple store but if a 32gb phone does come out can I just have apple switch my phone for the larger capacity or do I have to return my phone and cancel the contract completely and then sign up for a new phone all over again?

2. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

No they'll just swap the sim for ya, won't change your contract.

3. Daveecee macrumors regular

You have 14 days, not 30 days. Also there's a restocking fee. 15% I believe

4. pintnight macrumors 6502

That is a rumor. It will be funny to see what you will do when the 32gb iPhone doesn't come out.

5. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Wrong, and wrong, from AT&T's site:
    link

6. Daveecee macrumors regular

OP said "return to the apple store" which makes me assume this is where he purchased it. For the Apple store, it is indeed a 14 day return period, and there is indeed a 10% restocking fee.

EDIT: It seems that if the purchase was made between October 31st and December 24th you have until January 9th to return it. So, if a 32GB iPhone is unveiled at MacWorld, hope it's available immediately so you don't have to go very long without a phone.

7. exhibit.b thread starter macrumors regular

Umm...keep enjoying my iPhone i would assume. Thanks everyone for your help.

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

you have 30 days from Apple to return your phone with no restocking fee, they even refund the $18 upgrade fee.

I bought my iPhone 3G on July 11th and I tested it for about 3 weeks and at the time I wasn't impressed with the 2.0 software or the 3G speed, so I returned it with no problem. then back in November I decided to once again buy it since I had heard that things were better, and again I had no issue upgrading.

9. exhibit.b thread starter macrumors regular

I went into the Apple store today and asked them. They told me I have 14 days to return the phone and if a new phone comes out they can switch phones for me. You do not have to pay the restocking fee since the open your iphone in the store when you buy it.
    So for the people who are waiting to until next week to go get an iphone just get it now and enjoy and if new ones come out just go switch it.