Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Hey Guys, I was on the fence to order the new M1 MBP ... I opted to go with the 16GB model... Sold 2 laptops to cover the cost . With all this hype with the New Ones coming out 2nd Qtr of 2021 with Mini LED and maybe the M2 chip and total redesign.. I decided to hold off... I don't need the laptop right away so in my case I think it was better to hold off.. Just sharing my situation...

JLH81

macrumors regular
May 10, 2016
I thought about waiting too with my M1 MBA, but decided to just take my chances.

pdxplm

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2006
Portland, OR
My order for an M1 MBA keeps getting pushed out...at this point, I'm ready to just cancel it and wait for whatever comes in the first qtr or second qtr. Not in a rush but was excited about the performance enhancements.

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2020
I just cannot bring myself to get a laptop with just 2 ports.

Don't know about mini LED and all, but the 4 port variant cannot come soon enough.

Reactions: me55

greenmeanie

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
AmigaWarez
Hey Guys, I was on the fence to order the new M1 MBP ... I opted to go with the 16GB model... Sold 2 laptops to cover the cost . With all this hype with the New Ones coming out 2nd Qtr of 2021 with Mini LED and maybe the M2 chip and total redesign.. I decided to hold off... I don't need the laptop right away so in my case I think it was better to hold off.. Just sharing my situation...
I am glad I didn't wait mine runs sweet.

LinkRS

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2014
Texas, USA
This is the age-old dilemma that faces everyone. There is ALWAYS something newer/faster/better just around the proverbial corner. You can ALWAYS wait and get more computer for their dollar. But there is the problem, you will ALWAYS be waiting. So the rule of thumb, is buy when you need it and don't look back. Then when you need a new one, look, and buy again. You will be in a perpetual state of buyers remorse if you keep looking after you purchase, and if you decide to keep waiting, you will never buy due to the threat of buyers remorse.

:)
Rich S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.